Molly's Word of the Day:
carpaccio • \kar-PAH-chee-oh\ • noun
: thinly sliced raw meat or fish served with a sauce -- often used postpositively

NHL '09 Scoreboard

NHL 09 Scoreboard
Record: 3-9-2

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Football Saturday


Football Saturday from As The Crow Flies on Vimeo.

High Definition version available HERE.

A time lapse taken from a window of my house over-looking State St.

Every saturday 110,000 people flock to Michigan Stadium (The Big House) to cheer on the Michigan Wolverines. Most of them walk by my house.

To make this video, I had my MacBook Pro instruct my Nikon D40 to snap a picture every 2 seconds for about an hour and a half. There are 1900 pictures in total, which were batch processed with photoshop. I then used Quicktime's Time Lapse tool to sequence the pictures into a movie. I added titles and a soundtrack with iMovie HD.

A note about the music. The track is from the Philip Glass' score to Godfrey Reggio's masterpiece of a film, "Koyaanisqatsi". I highly recommend people look into both Glass' and Reggio's work.

No comments: