Molly's Word of the Day:
carpaccio • \kar-PAH-chee-oh\ • noun
: thinly sliced raw meat or fish served with a sauce -- often used postpositively

NHL '09 Scoreboard

NHL 09 Scoreboard
Record: 3-9-2

Monday, November 17, 2008

Meanwhile, More Light








"The Dennison lobby window installation, Meanwhile, More Light, was created by Professor of Art & Design Jim Cogswell."

About a month ago, interesting images began appearing on the windows of The Dennison Building. I was very interested in what was going on for a couple of reasons. Dennison is one of the ugliest buildings on campus, used primarily as utility math/science class room space, so the dash of color was a nice change. What really got me excited was the sudden appearance of a Feynman Diagram. The physics major in me could not have been happier. As it turns out, this was a project by one of the Art and Design professors, who happens to enjoy astronomy and astrophysics. A full description and explination of the work can be found HERE. After finding that site, I was embarrassed to see how similar my pictures are to the ones used in the description, but I will post mine anyways.

No comments: